The British Library for Development Studies: your local development library, wherever you are in the world.
What we do:
- We provide services for people working in development everywhere.
- We support teaching, learning and research into development and global issues.
- We provide research and teaching support to students and staff locally.
- We provide access to useful knowledge people can't easily get elsewhere.
- We help build the capacity of overseas partners to support their own constituencies in their own contexts
- We work to raise the profile of research published in the South, and ensure it is accessible to all users
How we do it:
- We house a rich research collection, containing considerable unique literature, exposed via our online catalogue.
- We provide a document delivery service, free for research organisations in the lowest income countries
- We staff a helpdesk, where experts will answer queries on finding development information in 48 hours or less.
- We work with Southern partners on digitising Southern research collections and ensuring they are openly available to all.
- We provide digital and information literacy training to local members and to overseas partners.
- We provide capacity building support in areas such as repository building and networks, open access advocacy, information literacy.
- We deliver a wide range of electronic content, much of it open access and accessible to users everywhere.
Find out More:
- Becoming a member or visiting in person
- Remote user services.
- Global projects
- The collection
- Contact us