- Over 1,000 journal titles
- Over 10,000 magazine, newspaper, annual report and newsletter titles
- Over 80,000 monographs, including individual research reports, working papers and books
Our E-library » gives full-text online access to some of these journals and series.
Article indexing » over 150 of our journals are selectively indexed, with a focus on Southern published titles.
Sources of material include:
- Developing country governments - particularly strong in statistics, development plans
- Donor country governments - particularly strong in aid policies, development projects
- International organizations, such as the World Bank, UN system, IMF, ILO, IIED
- Regional organizations, such as African Development Bank, Asian Productivity Organization
- Non-governmental organizations, based in all continents
- Research institutions, based in all continents
- Commercial publishers
Electronic information sources, available on CD-ROM or through subscribed online services, include:
- Statistical, bibliographic and full text databases
- These can be accessed via the E-library.
Search for materials in the collection
- Search the collection - simple or advanced
- Detailed subject cataloguing
- 150,000 plus records, including over 40,000 journal articles (list of journals indexed)
- Relevant and comprehensive search results
- Material received pre-1987 can be searched via our card catalogue: ask staff for details
BLDS Digital Library
Digitised content from a range of research organisations in the South can be found via the BLDS Digital Library
Suggest a book for purchase
The library welcomes your suggestions for book purchases.
- Library members can use the New purchase suggestion facility
- Others should email BLDS acquisitions: please provide as much detail as you have about the publication
- We will inform you of the outcome of any suggestion and will let you know when an item you have requested becomes available for you to borrow