A number of resources listed throughout the E-library are subscription based, available only to authorised users, and requiring IDS IP range, or passwords to access.
These include E-journals, E-books, and some statistical or full text databases (listed under a 'subscribed' heading).
Other resources throughout the e-library are openly available to all users.
For resources requiring passwords:
- Subscribed resources are available to IDS members only, as determined by our license agreements.
- In most cases the login /password required will be your usual IDS credentials.
- Not all services will be exactly the same, but usually you will need to follow these steps:
- On the resource page click on the option to sign in via Shibboleth or Sign in via your institution.
- Choose UK Higher Education or UK access management federation.
- Choose from drop down list, or search for Institute of Development Studies.
- Type your IDS network username and password into the login screen.
- Note: the logging in may be slow the first time you use any resource.
- This is the process if you are not using an IDS Networked PC. If you are, you can click on IP Recognition.
- Eventually, all subscribed resources will use IDS credentials, but in the meantime there are a few where a different password is required.
- This should be indicated in the details about the resource on the e-library.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or enquire at the service counter if you are having difficulty with logging in to any BLDS subscribed resource.
- To access University of Sussex electronic resources you need a University of Sussex network account, available to members of the University: go to University IT Services to get this.