The resources listed here are licenced only for use by members of the subscribing institution, and require appropriate passwords or IP recognition to access.
Where passwords are required, IDS members should ask at the BLDS service counter or email library enquiries unless indicated that IDS network credentials will work.
- Columbia International Affairs Online Covers theory and research in international affairs. Materials date from 1991, & include the full text of working and occasional papers from university research institutes, NGOs, foundation-funded research projects, proceedings from conferences, books, journals and policy briefs. Available to IDS members. For off campus access, set up your own credentials from an IDS PC.
- EIU Country Reports and Profiles - Economist Intelligence Unit Country reports and annual country profiles in full-text for 116 countries in Africa and the Middle East, the Americas and Asia. Username and password required outside IDS.
- LatinNews Political and economic information on Latin America. Includes Latin American Weekly Report. (Username and password required: ask at Library service counter).
- OECD iLibrary: Development All books, periodicals, and online databases on international development from OECD, published since 1998 and all historical data available in the statistical databases. Some highlights are the OECD DAC Journal on Development; the OECD International Development Statistics online database; the annual African Economic Outlook; OECD Development Centre Studies, the Commonwaelth iLibrary. (Requires IDS network username and password away from IDS).
- World Bank eLibrary Contains the collection of all World Bank publications and research, including:
- Books published since the 1990s
- All World Bank Economic Review (WBER) and World Bank Research Observer (WBRO) since 1996
- All Development Outreach issues
- All Policy Research Working Papers since 1995