How do I find library material?
- The library catalogue lists all print material received since September 1987, e-journals and e-books, and a significant number of pre-1987 Government publications.
- The catalogue is open access, and can be searched from anywhere.
- For more information on the kinds of materials available see our collection page.
What about older material?
- The card catalogues hold records of pre-1987 materials: please ask staff for help using these.
- The subject catalogue is on the ground floor
- The author catalogue is in the basement
How do I find electronic resources?
- Our E-library pages provide access to all of our subscription-based electronic resources, including e-journals, e-books, statistical and other databases, as well as to a significant collection of open access resources.
- Advanced catalogue search can also be used to find subscribed e-resources.
- To access E-journals and E-books from outside IDS, you will need to use your IDS network account credentials.
- You will need your University network credentials to access E-resources provided through the University of Sussex (in IDS and off campus).
- Further explanation of locally available e-resources and how to access them is available in the Searching E-journals flyer (or pick up a copy in BLDS).
- Other search guidance can be found from our Tutorials and helpsheets page
BLDS Digital Library - repository of full text Southern published research
- A selection of our holdings from research organisations in Africa and Asia have been digitised and are freely available to download.
- In addition, the BLDS Digital Library now includes a range of other Southern research.
- Access at BLDS Digital Library
- For more information, see our BLDS Digital Library webpage
For information on borrowing from the collection, see our Loan policies page.
For information on using material from other libraries, go to Using other libraries.