Books in BLDS related to undertaking a PhD
- In the Research Methods collection (1st floor) you will find a number of books specifically concerned with the practicalities of undertaking research towards a D-Phil.
- Topics include:
- Management of a research project
- The literature search
- Research proposals
- Research, writing and learning methodologies
- See the summary of books available: Books related to doing your PhD (also available by the collection).
Other useful resources
- The website of Vitae, an organisation set up by the Research Councils to support researcher development, includes a host of useful resources for all stages of your doctorate.
- The University of Sussex has a Doctoral Researcher resources page.
- Phd on track - a collaboration between a number of Scandinavian university libraries. Most information is applicable to Phd students internationally.
- The Sussex Research Hive is a physical space in University of Sussex Library for doctoral students and research staff, providing private study areas, bookable meeting rooms and space for informal discussion and collaborative work.