See Loan policies table (pdf) for details of loan lengths and fines charged.
- Journal issues cannot be borrowed.
- During vacations a longer loan period is usually assigned for overnight / 7 day loans, with materials being due back at the start of term.
- Items on loan may not be taken abroad without prior consent.
- Long-loan materials may be renewed indefinitely, if not required by another user.
- Renewals can be made online using Your Account or in person at the service counter.
- Books on loan to another reader may be reserved (online or in person at the service counter).
- Borrowers must be in a position to return anything on loan if recalled.
- Lost or non-returned items will be invoiced for.
- You may check what materials you have on loan or reserved using Your Account.
- More details on fines, reservations and recalls can be found here.
Inter-library loans / purchase suggestions (for material not held at BLDS)
- IDS members are entitled to request up to 6 inter-library loans at one time, for material we do not hold.
- This includes books, papers, journal issues and articles.
- See the Inter-library requests pages for more information, or to download the form.
- Inter-library request forms can also be collected from the service counter.
- Library staff may decide to purchase interlibrary requests for library stock, rather than obtaining on loan.