- Our freely available catalogue database is unique in that it includes records for individual articles from a large selection of journals, thus ensuring their visibility online.
- The majority of the journals covered are from developing countries and are not indexed by any other service. (See Journals indexed).
- Articles are selected on the basis that they refer to issues of social and economic development in the countries of Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean and the Middle East.
- Additionally many records include abstracts, harvested from online sources.
For more information contact BLDS staff BLDS@ids.ac.uk
Metadata Exchange Project
- BLDS has established a metadata exchange with the Open Index Initiative led by the Indira Ghandi Institute of Development Research (IGIDR) in Mumbai.
- Metadata is data which describes other data, providing information about content.
- In this case each organisation is supplying the other with enhanced catalogue records, which include subject descriptors or abstracts, in order to enrich the information available in each library’s catalogue.
We would like to work on similar collaborative projects with other libraries. For more information, or to suggest a meta-data exchange partnership, contact BLDS staff BLDS@ids.ac.uk