Credit: BLDS, 2013
- BLDS, under the MK4D programme, has been involved in the provision of training, technical support and in some cases infrastructure to help institutions create their own digital repositories.
- BLDS has implemented a number of free and open-source software (FOSS) solutions in its operations, including the library management system (KOHA) and the Digital Repository (D-Space).
- We are using using our experience to build the capacity of others wishing to undertake digitisation projects and build their own repositories as well as general awareness on the possibilities of FOSS for libraries.
- We have worked with Royal Tropical Institute (KIT) on some of the activities.
- For more detail see FOSS and repository activities.
For more information contact Nason Bimbe.